How to get the most from working with an Assistant. Three TOP TIPS!Read More
I see so many Business owners, Consultants, Coaches, etc., that are trying to run their companies without an Assistant. That lack of assistance is completely stressing them out, and in some cases, negatively impacting their business.
So what are the common barriers that I hear for not taking action?
- Overwhelm. There are a lot of steps to hiring a new person, it takes a lot of time, and they don’t know where to start.
- Fear. They have either had the wrong assistant before and don’t want to repeat that experience or, are letting fear of hiring the wrong person, holds them back from finding the right person.
- Too busy. Flat out, running with their hair on fire, cannot make the time to find the person that would help them to relieve them of some of their burdens… which keeps them trapped into constantly doing it themselves.
If this is you, how can you overcome these obstacles to find the help that you so desperately need?
Have someone else take care of it FOR you!
- Job posting
- Candidate Sourcing
- Skills and personality testing
- Initial Interviews
- Narrowing down the field to the top candidates so you only interview the best potential fits for you and your company.
This model is designed to help anyone find the RIGHT Assistant match for them.
So you have two options:
- Continue to wait and try to do everything on your own. In a few months, you’ll be reading this article again wondering why you’re still pulling out your hair, and completely stressed out.
- You will have taken the steps necessary to find the RIGHT Assistant, and in doing so, will have become more organized, efficient and productive
So what are you waiting for? Find the RIGHT Assistant for you… NOW!
It’s an amazing thing. When I tour to speak with Executives on "Maximizing Efficiency, With or Without an Assistant," I am constantly surprised by how much time Executives are spending on non-essential items and “busywork”. There are Executives who are spending upwards of 30% of their time on items and tasks that fall into this category. And frankly, the majority fell into that trap by accident. They thought, “It’s faster to do it myself.”
The challenge with that mentality is that when you choose to do a task yourself, you are now trapped into always doing it!
Let’s do a little exercise to see what “busywork” you can delegate, and what is to be reclassified as a “must-do” by you.
Take a week’s worth of your regular tasks. With every task - ask yourself these questions:
- Is it important?
- Does it have to be done?
- Does it have to be done by YOU?
- Is this worth your salary per hour?
- Does it DIRECTLY generate money?
Once you have the answers to these questions — you can now properly prioritize your work to minimize this "busy work" and instead focus on the tasks that only you can do and will directly benefit your company.
So what to do with the “busywork” items that you shouldn’t be doing?
Those need to be delegated. Not sure how to do that? We’ll cover that in an upcoming post.
You hired a superstar Assistant and things were going great! Then, things were NOT so great and you're wondering "What happened?"
Well let's look at some of the signs that your Assistant is on the way to "checking out".
Jennifer Maffei, President, VEA Services
After implementing time management techniques, and working towards increasing efficiency, you still don't have time to get done everything you need to in a day. Is it time to consider an Assistant?Read More